ABC challenge! “I”: Nubar Indigo Illusion

Hi everyone!

I admit this polish is from the archives. This bad weather puts me in a non polish mood. I’ve had naked nails for a couple days and I am now wearing an awful grandma colour. I really need sun, this dark is killing me and my mood.

Fortunately I had Nubar Indigo Illusion saved in my archives. Why have I never blogged it? Because it’s probably the only duochrome I do not like. The main colour is a grey-ish-purple-ish metallic colour which I use to call non-colour. I usually love when you can’t understand if a polish is a colour or another one. But not when they are like silver based. I love bold colours. Know what I mean? I really couldn’t force myself to like Indigo Illusion. Shame.

Pictures are over black.

Ciao a tutti!

Ammetto che questi swatches vengono dai miei archivi. Il brutto tempo mi toglie la voglia di smaltarmi. Sono stata solo con la base per un paio di giorni, e adesso ho su un orribile lilla perlato che farebbe nonna, se una nonna usasse il viola sulle unghie. Ho davvero bisogno di sole, questo continuo scuro mi tira giù l’umore in un modo assurdo.

Per fortuna avevo questo Nubar Indigo Illusion di scorta sul pc. Come mai non l’ho mai postato? Perchè è probabilmente l’unico duochrome che non mi piace! Il colore principale è un grigiastro-violaceo che io chiamo “non colore”. Di solito adoro quando uno smalto non si capisce che colore è, ma non quando è un argenteo-metallico. Non so se riesco a spiegarmi. E quindi non sono riuscita a farmi piacere l’Indigo Illusion.

Le foto sono su base nera.

Nubar Indigo Illusion

Nubar Indigo Illusion

Nubar Indigo Illusion

Nubar Indigo Illusion

Nubar Indigo Illusion

The first picture is what Nubar Indigo Illusion looks most of the time.

The last picture is just a teaser. I got it in my camera but I swear I have never seen it on my nails!

Let’s see what the other ladies came up with and let’s hope next week will be a nicer one on my side!

Nella prima foto potete vedere come risulta il Nubar Indigo Illusion per la maggior parte del tempo.

L’ultima foto invece è quasi uno scherzo perchè la macchina fotografica ha preso questo verde che però io non ho mai visto sulle unghie!

Speriamo che la prossima settimana sia più ispirante!

39 Comments

  1. Ascolta la zia: mettilo senza base nera. Io l'ho messo così e avevo la gente che mi fermava per strada. Ho avuto complimenti anche dai miei amici uomini.
    Comunque condivido lo scazzo per il tempo. Il bello è che è prevista pioggia (e di nuovo neveeeee!) da qui a due settimane. Secondo me la causa è il fatto di avere inserito nella mia tabella di marcia per questa challenge il Jade Delirio Rosa. Della serie: ah sì, vuoi postare un holo? Ahahahah, vedremo! :( :/ :'''(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L'ho visto swatchato senza base nera ma rimane uguale come colore... nè carne nè pesce!

      Delete
    2. Anche secondo me l' "errore" è stato metterlo sul nero, si appiattisce parecchio...
      Non ti piacerebbe comunque il colore (se già non ti piace così), ma la profondità cambia, eccome!

      Delete
    3. Per quello che può interessare, l'ho messo ieri (da solo, ovviamente) ed è una BOMBONA, non la smetto di guardarlo!
      Ri-provalo, in futuro!

      Delete
  2. Ho visto spesso questo boccino nei blog e non è proprio decisamente mio. E poi Indigo... È proprio un'illusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wouldn't be my no. 1 polish ever but it's definitely an interesting color! :D Cheer up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this is so pretty! I love your pictures too, they capture the polish perfectly! I'd love to try a Nubar color! :)

    xo
    aly

    ReplyDelete
  5. A me invece piace molto: l'ho messo molti mesi fa e continuavo a guardarmelo. Fra l'altro in certe stanze e sotto certe luci io l'ho visto davvero verde!:-)) (oggi ho fotografato l'arcobaleno sotto l'acqua, voglio il sole anch'io!!:-(( )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh l'arcobaleno l'ho fregato! Anche se le foto non gli rendono giustizia, vedrai ;)

      Delete
  6. Very pretty!! But I know what you mean, I'm that way about any frosted mauve colors. Hate Mauve. Like this though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love that polish! Super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a shame you don't like the color - I actually just bought this. Judging from your photos, I think I am going to like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pics are (or should be!) colour accurate and I am glad you like the polish you just bought!

      Delete
  9. I love this polish, it is one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  10. I understand what you mean. I don't like it either. What I dislike the most is, when something is really pretty in the bottle, but looks horrible on my nails :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how I could buy it honestly! I usually look up dozens of swatches before buying something!!!

      Delete
  11. I think it looks nice! Not something that I feel that I need to buy, but nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very good photos :) Colors like that aren't easy to capture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like it on the pictures. But if it´s dull in real life, that´s a real bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not really dull, just a very silver-ish colour if that makes sense. And I don't like silver on nails!

      Delete
  14. Hey, Simona! As usual, your pix and mani are spot-on!

    I feel much the same way about this polish. It reminds me of Catherine, a similar lacquer from Rescue Beauty Lounge. It's a beautiful color but does nothing for me. It's just..... there. No pop. No spark. Just...there.

    Glad I'm not alone with this particular polish bias.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa!!!!
      I am glad someone gets my point, too!!

      Delete
  15. I think this is a pretty color, but I understand why you're not feeling it. I'm so sick of winter weather! Bring on the Spring! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always heard people rave about this color. Bummer that it isn't as duochrome as it should be. That always makes me sad. Still looks great on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still really like the color though! It's like the dark badass brother of OPI - Not like the movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. In effetti è un colore strano, particolare, ce l'ho ma saranno mesi, se non anni che non lo tiro fuori!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww so sorry to hear you're felling blah!! It's starting to warm up here, the sun has been shining intermittently which is a nice break from the rain! I hope it clears up soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is at least a break! In the last couple days we've had sunshine for a couple hours in the morning and then rain, rain, rain!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Please feel welcome to leave a comment, it would make my day! If you have a blog in your profile I will come visit you soon, but please do not leave links.
--
Grazie per aver visitato il mio blog. Sappiate che un commento fa sempre piacere :) Per favore non lasciate link, se avete un blog nel vostro profilo lo visiterò al più presto!