L'Oreal The Perfect Trench

Hi everyone!

If you are following me on Instagram you've already seen today's nail polish. It's my pick for Ceylon Yellow shade in the #ITPANTONE2018 challenge hosted by @thenailpolishhoarder.

"Ceylon Yellow: Savory and spicy yellow adds an exotic touch."

I think spicy yellow means mustard yellow? That was my idea and the closest in my collection is L'Oreal The Perfect Trench. This is the US version bottle and name. It might have been released in Europe, too, but I have no info about it.

L'Oreal The Perfect Trench is a mustard yellow creme. Application is a bit tricky with this one. If use thin coats they might be too thin and not cover an entire nail. If the coats are too thick the colour won't self level and you end up with streaks and bald spots. Drying time depends on how thick or thin your polish coats are. I honestly helped myself with a good top coat both for levelling and speeding up drying time.

Photos: three coats, no top coat.

 

Smalto giallo senape L'Oreal The Perfect Trench mustard yellow creme nail polish #nails #unghie #lightyournails #loreal

Smalto giallo senape L'Oreal The Perfect Trench mustard yellow creme nail polish #nails #unghie #lightyournails #loreal

Smalto giallo senape L'Oreal The Perfect Trench mustard yellow creme nail polish #nails #unghie #lightyournails #loreal

 

L'Oreal The Perfect Trench is not great quality as you might have understood. It takes too long to polish it to perfection and patience is not my virtue. When it comes to manicures I want mine to be clean and quick. Other than that I love the colour, it has the same Fall vibes as Misa Hot Couture and TNS Cosmetics 554 Atena. Know what I mean?

What do you think of this shade? Is it close enough to Pantone Ceylon Yellow?

 

0 Comments