Rainbow favorites: ORANGE!

Hi everyone!

This is incredible, two post in two days. I guess I would need more of these challenges to be a better blogger! ROFL.

Today’s rainbow colour is orange and if you know me enough, you will also know this has been a real challenge for me. I had a look in my Helmer and you guess what? I only own 3 orange polishes! I have a couple peaches but I don’t like them. How’s that?

- - -

Ciao a tutti!

Due post dietro fila, quasi incredibile. Dovrei farne di più di queste cose per aggiornare il blog più spesso!

Il colore dell’arcobaleno di oggi è l’arancione e se mi conoscete sapete che questa è stata davvero una sfida per me perchè è un colore che non amo. Ho dato un’occhiata dentro l’Helmer e ne ho solo 3! Ho un paio di pesca ma mi stanno malissimo.

 

Orange nail polish

 

Anyhow, I had to pick one and so I did. My choice was the Essence one because it has shimmer in it, and you know I can’t resist shimmer. To be specific, this is Essence Sun Downer from the old Return to Paradise LE. It’s a beautiful orange, same colour of the fruit, with golden shimmer. On my pale and sunburnt skintone it turns out to look neon! I swear I googled swatches of this polish and none looked neon but I also swear it does on me. The pics are absolutely colour true. To my surprise I love how it looks on my skin, I love its brightness and the shimmer. So I guess I can officially say I like neons? What do you think?

- - -

In ogni caso dovevo sceglierne uno e così è stato. La mia scelta è stata l’Essence perchè è l’unico shimmer dei tre e io adoro lo shimmer. Per la precisione questo è l’Essence Sun Downer di una LE vecchissima chiamata Return to Paradise. E’ un bellissimo arancione dello stesso colore del frutto, con shimmer dorato. Sulla mia pelle chiarissima e scottata fa l’effetto neon. Ho cercato degli altri swatch in giro e su nessuno fa questo effetto, eppure vi giuro che le mie fotografie sono assolutamente fedeli alla realtà. Cmq, con mia somma sorpresa mi piace un sacco come mi sta, adoro come brilla e come è bello acceso. E posso anche dire che mi piacciono ufficialmente i neon forse? Che dite?

 

Essence Return to Paradise LE 05 Sun Downer

Essence Return to Paradise LE 05 Sun Downer

Essence Return to Paradise LE 05 Sun Downer

Essence Return to Paradise LE 05 Sun Downer

 

Last pic is in the shade and all of them are two coats + top coat.

Isn’t it a great summer shade? I think I have a new favorite thanks to this challenge!

- - -

L’ultima foto è fatta all’ombra e tutte sono due mani di smalto + TC.

Non è un bellissimo colore per l’estate? Direi che grazie a questa “sfida” ho un nuovo preferito :)

 


31 Comments

  1. Mi piace *__* e penso che ti stia molto bene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous. And I agree, orange is at its prettiest with some shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love orange polishes! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I usually don't but I admit this one is cool!

      Delete
  4. Nemmeno io sono molto amica dell'arancione, soprattutto perchè, come nel tuo caso, non mi sta molto bene (ma alcune nuances mi piacciono da matti!), però questo è davvero stupOndo! Tra l'altro molto estivo, complimOnti! *___*

    ReplyDelete
  5. troppo belli questi colori!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ma che bella questa "catena", l'avrei voluta fare anch'iooooooo! :D
    Tra i tre avrei scelto l'Essence anch'io, è davvero phaigo e superluminoso! Non vado pazza per gli arancioni, anzi, ma sbiello per i neon orange. Mi faccio vedere da uno bravo????? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In realtà avevo pensato di parlartene ma poi ho visto che eri sta presa proprio sta settimana :/
      E per il resto... naaaa è normale!

      Delete
  7. What a gorgeous orange! I have quite a few oranges but for the red day I only had four choices :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than that was your challenge, this was mine!! Ahah, and another challenge will be picking a favourite of our fave colour I bet!

      Delete
  8. I had no choice for this colour, I only have 1 orange! xD It's really not my colour, but this one is so pretty and great for this season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous orange... i don't wear them a lot because they don't look good with my skin tone, but you don't have problems like that ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like real orange :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a gorgeous orange! I'm not an orange person but i would consider to wear this ;)
    too bad it was le

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same as me! Yes, it is a shame it was a LE. Essence often comes up with lovely LEs.

      Delete
  12. I don´t think I have orange nail polishes, maybe one! O.o
    I really like it on you though.
    Barbvanth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I have 3! I think if they are brights they are nice even on my skintone!

      Delete
  13. I love orange. I tried one orange a day of essie from New collection and very disappointed. You can see why in my pictures http://www.ksyustyle.com/2012/06/essie-fear-or-desire.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow davvero accecante questo arancione! Ne ho appena acquistato anche io uno, ma della Kiko. Tra poco lo recensirò. Se ti va fai un salto anche da me: mondblumesmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Please feel welcome to leave a comment, it would make my day! If you have a blog in your profile I will come visit you soon, but please do not leave links.
--
Grazie per aver visitato il mio blog. Sappiate che un commento fa sempre piacere :) Per favore non lasciate link, se avete un blog nel vostro profilo lo visiterò al più presto!