ABC challenge! “O”: Orly Miss Conduct

Hi everyone!

Wednesday? Really? Wow, this week is going on fast! Lovely.

My O is not very original, and also not well done I guess. As you know Spring has sprung over here so I couldn’t resist picking up a holo from my stash and it’s Orly Miss Conduct. It’s a great shade, but as usual my camera doesn’t like blue toned purples. The biggest mistake was not checking the photos before taking it off. They don’t do this polish justice :(

Orly Miss Conduct is a scattered blue toned purple holo. I expected the holo-ness to be subtle in here but it’s actually not! The holo effect is very obvious irl!

I don’t know why my index and pimkie nails are lighter, I used two coats everywhere. I probably did thicker coats on the rest of the nails I guess, it wasn’t visible in real life!

Ciao a tutti!

Già mercoledì? Mi sta volando! Ottimo.

La mia O non è molto originale e nemmeno tanto ben fatta. Dato l’arrivo della primavera non ho potuto resistere e ho scelto un holo, l’Orly Miss Conduct. E’ un bellissimo colore ma come sapete la mia macchina fotografica odia i rosa/viola a base blu :(  L’errore più grande è stato non controllare le foto prima di togliere lo smalto, davvero non rendono giustizia a quello che è in realtà.

L’Orly Miss Conduct è uno “scattered holo”, ovvero ogni singola particella è olografica e non si crea il famoso arcobaleno degli holo lineari. Credevo che l’effetto sarebbe stato delicato invece è parecchio visibile! Non nelle foto però…

Tra l’altro non so perchè indice e mignolo sembrano più chiari, sono tutte due passate, forse però le ho fatte più abbondanti nelle unghie centrali! Dal vivo non c’era nessuna differenza.

Orly Miss Conduct

Orly Miss Conduct

After a couple days I had some tipwear but I didn’t want to take this polish off to I decided to cover the tips with something else. First thought was a black holo French but then… sun, hot weather, fruit! So I did green tips instead using A England St. George and hand draw some black seeds with Astra black holo.

I’ll let you choose if they look more strawberries or watermelon!

Dopo un paio di giorni le punte hanno perso colore ma invece di togliere tutto ho deciso di coprirle. La prima idea era una French olografica nera ma poi c’era il sole, era caldo… frutta!! E così ho fatto delle French verdi holo con l’A England St. George e disegnato dei semini con l’Astra holo nero.

Faccio decidere a voi se sembrano fragole o cocomero!

Orly holo fruit

Orly holo fruit

Hope you liked my holo fruit salad!

Spero che vi sia piaciuta la mia macedonia holo :D

51 Comments

  1. Io ci vedo un cocomero! :D
    Vedo che entrambe abbiamo un sentimento di meeeh verso la nostra O.
    Comunque sì, Miss Conduct ha un effetto holo scattered pazzesco, ma c'è da impazzire per farlo rendere (e tanto non ci riesci) in foto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Senza contare che ho dovuto lavorare sul colore. Se la tira proprio sta Miss!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous!!! I have Miss Conduct, but haven't tried it yet. Now I can't wait

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should! You'll love it! Photos can't really explain its beauty :)

      Delete
  3. What a cool funky french... I think they look like strawberries. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks soooo great on you! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reckon watermelon-tasty, glittery watermelon! Haha. Fab colour and art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea to cover the tip wear! I see watermelons but they could definitely pass for strawberries as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie! Yeah, French tips are always good to cover tipwear when you have no time for a whole new mani!

      Delete
  7. I had Miss Conduct in my hand this week also, but decided to go with a creamy jelly red instead. This is a gorgeous color. And I am putting my vote in for watermelon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. La prima cosa a cui ho pensato è anguria! *___*
    Ho giusto un attimo bisogno di estate.
    Ciccino lui, è stato il mio ultimo ordine BeautyBay prima del caso RM. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Io l'ho espressamente chiesto come regalo di compleanno! Manco passato dalla wishlist!
      Condivido il bisogno d'estate.

      Delete
  9. Miss Conduct is a beautiful color on it's own, but I love the watermelon nail art, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute, the watermelonstrawberry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Per fortuna che Miss Conduct CELO anche io, così posso capirne al massimo la magnificenza! *____*

    L'anguria, invece, è golosa e perfetta per l'arrivo del caldo, suggerisce freschezza (e mi fa venir fame!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this color. I have it and I love to waters it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bellissimo il colore, mi piace l'effetto holo, immagino come è bello vederlo dal vivo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous polish, love what you did with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I say...watermelon! They're so fun and cute! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stunning holo! I see watermelons, you did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A me sembra.. anguria! Cocomero non si può sentire :D Mi piace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah! Io anguria e cocomero li uso indifferentemente :p

      Delete
  18. Bellissime queste mani a Fragola! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was going to do letter O with this one aswell! Hahaha, what a coincidence! This polish is dead gorgeous!! It's one of my faves, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I say, STRAWBERRIES! :)

    What a fabulous turnaround. I was marveling at the great Orly polish when you took my mind for a whirl with the French dotticure. Girl. You done GREAT.

    Yeah, I'm going with strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  21. *CRYING LIKE A GIANT BABY IN THE CORNER* I have been on the hut for this polish since it was released and never managed to get my hands on it! Oh how it sparkles, it's so lovely! I love the fruit salad too! Now I will go cry in the corner some more! :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch Gini! You really need it, I am sure you'll get your hands on it sooner or later!

      Delete
  22. io vedo fragole :)
    smalto stupendo, ho un debole per gli holo scattered e questo è uno dei miei preferiti in assoluto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Davvero? Io ho un debole per i colori degli Astra, lo ammetto. Ma come holo scattered questo è di gran lunga quello con l'effetto maggiore!

      Delete
  23. I see strawbwrries, but maybe that's because I really want some! I love Miss Conduct. I really regret not grabbing it when I had the chance! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am sure you will get your hands on it eventually! It's such a gorgeous polish!

      Delete
  24. I love that polish and I've been meaning to buy it for a while and then forget to do so. I keep running into gorgeous swatches like yours to remind me that I need to get it though :)

    I think you've created a whole new fruit of your own LOL What ever it is, your nails look absolutely delicious :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mmm... visto il colore direi che sembrano più delle fragole... gnam! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh Holo <3 Nice pick Simona it looks gorgeous on you! I really like the shade of the polish, I'm gonna check if it's still available and get it for myself. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Please feel welcome to leave a comment, it would make my day! If you have a blog in your profile I will come visit you soon, but please do not leave links.
--
Grazie per aver visitato il mio blog. Sappiate che un commento fa sempre piacere :) Per favore non lasciate link, se avete un blog nel vostro profilo lo visiterò al più presto!