ABC challenge! “F”: Floam

Hi everyone!
Today I have one of the most famous indies in the nail polish world: Ninja Polish Floam. I have never been into indies to be honest, unless they were holos, but Floam kinda stole my heart since the first time I saw a swatch of it. And thanks to Polish-Ninja it’s now mine! What an amazing polish! I can’t stop looking at my nails, which usually only happens with holos or multichromes! Floam is just so incredible, now I need all the different existing versions, I know!
The original Floam, however, is a mix of matte green, yellow and turquoise glitters in a clear base. I layered it over Sinful Colors Savage which seemed the perfect underwear for it, but I’ve been told to try it over black as well. I will!
Ciao a tutte!
Oggi vi faccio vedere uno dei più famosi smalti indie in commercio: il Floam di Ninja Polish. I cosiddetti smalti “indie” sono quegli smalti non delle grandi marche, ma di ragazze che si mettono a crearli per sè stesse in casa, e poi magari iniziano a venderli su etsy, sui loro blog, o ne fanno un’attività vera e propria. Non ne sono mai stata una fan se devo essere onesta, a meno che non fossero holo di colori particolari, ma il Floam mi ha rubato il cuore la prima volta che ne ho visto uno swatch. E adesso grazie a Polish-Ninja ne ho una boccetta! Che smalto spettacolare, non smetto di guardarmi le unghie, cosa che succede solo con holo e multichrome di solito! Lo adoro, e adesso voglio tutte le versioni esistenti!
Cmq il Floam originale, questo, è un mix di glitter matte gialli, verdi e turchesi in una base trasparente. Io l’ho steso sul Sinful Colors Savage che mi sembrava un’ottima base, però mi hanno detto di provarlo sul nero e lo farò di sicuro!
No top coat:
Ninja Polish Floam
No top coat:
Ninja Polish Floam
Top coated:
Ninja Polish Floam
Top coated:
Ninja Polish Floam
As you can see there’s lack of sun over here, but this polish rocks anyway!
It has a downside though: removal! It was a nightmare!! I hadn't planned to use it until I had the base colour on my nails and decided it was the perfect underwear, therefore I didn't use a peel-off base coat. Big mistake. This was the hardest polish I've ever removed in my life. Use a peel-off base coat! I know I will never do the same mistake again!
Come vedete manca il sole ma questo smalto è cmq stratosferico!
Unica pecca è la rimozione: un incubo! Non avevo in mente di mettere questo smalto finchè non ho avuto il Sinful sotto. Solo a  quel punto ho pensato che sarebbe stata una base perfetta per cui non ho usato la base peel-off di Essence. Grosso errore. Questo è lo smalto peggiore che io abbia mai tolto! Usate una base apposita, non fate il mio errore, io di sicuro non lo farò più!

60 Comments

  1. Ahh, questo è l'unico smalto "indie" che mi sia veramente piaciuto, tutti gli altri mi sono sempre sembrati pasticci con la porporina che usavo sui disegni alle elementari °_°

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Floaaam <3 I love it! I'm so jealous right now. It looks great on your nails! I'll remember to use a peel-off basecoat when I will buy it someday. Did you try the foil method to remove the polish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah thank you! Yes, I used the foil method but it didn't want to come off anyway!

      Delete
  3. Love Floam! I have it but haven't used it, so thanks for the tip on the removal :) Will definitely be using a peel off base coat of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Floam is amazing, I've never been into indies either, but this one has won me over since the first time I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh!!! Now I want this!!! It looks gorgeous on you Simona :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Che invidia: lo bramo da quasi un anno :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Non ci sono parole: è meraviglioso!!! E ovviamente Ninja Polish non spedisce in Italia, grrrrr!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Floam is the only indie polish I have on my WL and I want it so badly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how it feels! I can't believe I've got it, yet!

      Delete
  9. Ooo this is super pretty! Very springy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prenderò in ostaggio Iron e lo rilascerò solo quando mi avrai dato il Floam in cambio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks totally cool on you! I felt like we were all so inundated with Floam photos for a while, but it's fun to see it back again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah it's true! But at the time I could only dream about it, now it's true!

      Delete
  12. i'm in love *.*
    this beauty is still on my wish list, hope to get my hands on it :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks great on you!
    Sadly, I didn´t love it on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame Barbara. I am sure you easily found someone who wanted it off your hands though!

      Delete
  14. I've wanted floam since I first saw it! Lucky girl!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooohhh! I have Savage, nice pick for the floam glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhh! That is stunning!! I just love indies :D Can't get enough of those crazy glitters :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simona!!!!! I'm in love! You and Floam are the most perfect pairing since peanut butter and jelly! Gorgeous colors against your skin tone, and gorgeous/fun polish, regardless.

    Happy Valentine's Day, my dear!!!!!

    :) xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ya know what's sad? I adore Indies and have a ton, but I still don't have Floam!

    Looks amazing on you too. Such a fun polish. Must have!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I die! I love floam and you did such a great job at picking out it's undies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG, I can't believe you own Floam!! You're so lucky! It's my dream!! :D
    It looks great on you, and the removal thing is quite expectable from a polish of this kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mamma che bello, e sta benissimo sul Sinful Colors! *_*

    ReplyDelete
  22. I covet Floam so much! Just missed out on the most recent restock, so good one you for snagging one! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooo I can't wait to see this over black!! This is such a cool shade, I love how bright it is!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ninja Polish, dopo i brasiliani e Cirque, è il mio sogno proibito.
    Voto per la versione no TC, cmq!
    Sul removal non discuto, i glitter mi sono antipatici soprattutto per quello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah, i brasiliani sono anche fattibili, ma tra NP e Cirque non so quale sia più proibito come sogno!

      Delete
  25. questi glitter opachi son particolari e l'accostamento dei colori è bello, ma non mi convincono sinceramente :s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sei una delle poche che non cede al fascino del Floam!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Please feel welcome to leave a comment, it would make my day! If you have a blog in your profile I will come visit you soon, but please do not leave links.
--
Grazie per aver visitato il mio blog. Sappiate che un commento fa sempre piacere :) Per favore non lasciate link, se avete un blog nel vostro profilo lo visiterò al più presto!