Mish Mash #4: a nail art technique never tried before

Hi everyone!

Today’s challenge was a real one for me! I started out attempting a newsprint mani following Lisa aka Lozlosa’s tutorial. Lisa I blame you for making it look so easy! I couldn’t get it to work.

Then I thought, let’s go for saran wrap, that should be really easy to do even if I don’t like it. Not! Fail again.

What’s left? DIY textured nails! It was quite a while that I wanted to try this technique since I had some pretty neon glitters to use. I had eyed two different tutorials and the result is quite different. I followed Kimber’s Korner's directions on all of my nails but my ring. On that one I used this tutorial I found on Pinterest instead.

I think the ring fingernail totally looks like a standard textured nail. The kind I don’t like to be honest, but at least I can say it's a success! I am not sure how I feel about the rest of the nails.

- - -

Ciao a tutti!

La challenge di oggi è stata una vera sfida per me. Ho cominciato provando una newsprint seguendo il tutorial di Lisa Lozlosa che faceva sembrare tutto facile. Col cavolo! A me non è uscito niente.

Allora ho pensato, facciamo una saran wrap, non mi piace tanto ma almeno è facile! Sè, come no! Altro fallimento!

Cosa rimane? Uno smalto textured fai da te! Era un po’ che volevo provare questa tecnica, anche perchè avevo comprato alcuni glitter neon davvero carini. Ho selezionato due tutorial diversi e il risultato è altrettanto differente. Ho seguito le istruzioni di Kimber's Korner per tutte le unghie tranne l’anulare, dove invece ho deciso per questo tutorial che ho trovato su Pinterest.

Secondo me l’anulare sembra davvero uno smalto textured. Il tipo che non mi piace ma posso cmq dire che è un successo! Non so dirvi cosa ne penso delle altre unghie invece!

 

DIY textured nails

DIY textured nails

 

How do you like it?

- - -

Che ne dite?

 

46 Comments

  1. I really like this!! I especially like the color you used. I do like the other nails over the ring finger...I like glitter! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color! I think the texture looks great! Sorry that it was frustrating with so much trial and error, I think we've all been there before and it's no fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's so frustrating! Plus I wasn't home so I had limited resources and I was getting nervous after each and every fail!

      Delete
  3. Concordo, l'anulare sembra un textured neon fatto e finito, esperimento riuscito! (stavo giusto guardando gli swatches dei Perfect ieri, ho il ricordo fresco ;D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mi percuoti con inaudita ferocia se ti dico che io preferisco le altre dita all'anulare? Nella prima foto sembrano tutte proprio delle textured vere e proprie, già nella seconda in effetti l'anulare mostra il suo quid in più.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Io non ho preferenze in realtà, dico solo che secondo me l'anulare è più simile al classico smalto textured che compri già pronto!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous. I want to try this with embossing powders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both the texture and colour, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely prefer the glittery nails to the other here. The color is spectacular and kudos to you for trying something out of your comfort zone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AT first stight they look just like textured nails, after a closer look it's true that the ring finger is more true to texture polishes, but they all look fabulous! That's a great technique! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not s big fan of textured polishes as well but this looks really good! I love the color it's so vivid :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A me piacciono tanto, i textured ^^
    E le tue foto sono qualcosa di spettacolare *-*
    adorissimo!
    Ora anche io voglio provare a fare i textured DIY ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma grazie! Le polverine neon dai cinesi le ho pagate una cavolata!

      Delete
  11. Per quanto l' "accent" sembri molto più textured-style, devo ammettere di preferire le altre dita più sbrillose :D
    Textured ad vitam, per me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love orange nails and the texture on this one looks so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the texture and the color! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mi piace!!! :-) Ho provato questa tecnica una volta sola, poi fortunatamente ho comprato i miei primi smalti textured :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh that's an awesome orange. I'm not sure about your ring finger but I love the slight sparkle on the others, they look really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anch'io preferisco indice medio e mignolo!! L'effetto è stupendo :D (l'anulare mi piace meno ma come dici tu sembra proprio uno smalto sand, sei stata bravissima a realizzarlo!!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simona! That is sooooo cool. And the two different textures, resulting from the different techniques. Wow.

    Sure beats the Sally Hanson Sugar Coat polish I tried on earlier today. What a disaster that was.

    Beautiful, and THE COLOR. OMG.

    Your fave is the ring, and my fave are the other four fingers.

    Stunning.

    PS. LOLOL. Sorry about the newsprint, darlin'. We'll get it to work, one day! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah Lisa! I'm not saying my fave is the ring, but I do think it's the one that looks most like a real textured polish!

      Delete
  18. L'effetto è interessante, non avevo mai provato questa tecnica. A me piacciono molto anche le altre unghie però, sono una fan degli smalti texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sai che mi piacciono entrambi i risultati?! Le trovo davvero molto belle *_*

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was just looking at embossing powders at the craft store and wondering if there was anything I could use them for... and it looks like you've found something perfect! The textures look great, probably better than the textured polishes I've seen. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. diy texture nails? I've never even heard of this! LOL But it looks so freaking cool! Your nails look gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh, i like it a lot <3
    gorgeous result, awesome color :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sai che io in realtà preferisco le altre unghie? Sembra che ci sia sopra dello zucchero! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am a texture polish fanatic, so I love both of them. Your fingers look like you sprinkled colored sugar on them. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Please feel welcome to leave a comment, it would make my day! If you have a blog in your profile I will come visit you soon, but please do not leave links.
--
Grazie per aver visitato il mio blog. Sappiate che un commento fa sempre piacere :) Per favore non lasciate link, se avete un blog nel vostro profilo lo visiterò al più presto!