Hi everyone!

This is the last post in “The dark side of holos” series with Cristina and I. And you know what? We are ending with a bang meaning we are showing you a nail polish that looks COMPLETELY different on the two of us. This definitely shows how undertone can change the look of some colours on each of us.

I bought Cupcake Polish What in Carnation? at Color4Nails back when it was launched in April I think. I was fooled by some swatches that showed it as a very light aqua green, a lovely colour! I was kinda sick when I wore it and it showed like a regular turquoise on me and I blamed the swatcher honestly. And also the colour which is almost impossible to get right on camera and needs editing to be accurate.

Now this series of twin posts with Cristina was done exactly for this reason. Some colours DO look different on each of us, depending what our skintone and undertone are. If you regularly check bloggers’ swatches before buying nail polish try to understand who has a skintone similar to yours. That will help you not having unwanted surprises when getting your nail mail.

My swatches show two coats, no top coat.

Ciao a tutti!

Ultimo post della serie “The dark side of holos” con Cristina. E sapete una cosa? Finiamo col botto, con uno smalto che risulta COMPLETAMENTE diverso su lei e me. Dimostrazione che il sottotono della pelle fa una gran bella differenza sul colore finale di uno smalto.

Ho comprato Cupcake Polish What in Carnation? su Color4Nails appena uscito, aprile o maggio direi. Sono stata fregata da delle foto che lo mostravano verde acqua molto chiaro. Quando l’ho ricevuto e indossato mi sono un po’ alterata in effetti, e ho dato della daltonica alla swatcher di cui mi ero fidata. Un po’ anche al colore che è impossibile da fotografare. Su di me non è un verde acqua, ma un turchese fatto e finito.

Questa serie di post con Cristina è stata pensata proprio per questa ragione: alcuni colori risultano effettivamente diversi a seconda del sottotono della nostra pelle. Se siete soliti controllare le foto degli smalti prima di acquistarli, vi consiglio di cercare quelle blogger che hanno la pelle il più simile alla vostra. In questo modo non avrete sorprese quando riceverete i vostri pacchetti.

Nelle miei foto sono due passate senza top coat.


Cupcake Polish What In Carnation?

Cupcake Polish What In Carnation?

Cupcake Polish What In Carnation?


Time to say good-bye but I hope you appreciated what we had in our mind when we created these posts.

Do you have a go-to swatcher you always check before shopping?

Don’t forget to check Cristina wearing Cupcake Polish What In Carnation? !

E’ ora di salutarvi ma spero che abbiate apprezzato quello che avevamo in mente quando abbiamo cominciato questi post gemelli.

Avete una swatcher a cui vi affidate prima di fare shopping smaltaro?

Non dimenticate di andare da Cristina a vedere la “sua versione” di Cupcake Polish What In Carnation? !

 

Cupcake Polish What In Carnation? @peebeforepolish blog