L'Oreal Totally d'Accord

Hi everyone!

Are you planning your New Year’s Eve party? I will spend it at my brother with our other halves, just eating something, watching tv and maybe playing games. Not sure what to wear on my nails, yet, nor if I will actually have time to paint them at all! Holidays are real killers for me since I have a lot of driving to do that takes away all extra time. We’ll see.

Today I am showing you a nail polish that found me very torn: L’Oreal Totally d’Accord. This is a European L’Oreal, the bottles are mini sized. I always have the feeling that the colours are the same as in the US anyway, but with different names.

I was drawn to the colour and different sized glitters peeking from the bottle but I had no idea what “spiky effect” would mean. Glitter? Texture? Well in the end I guess it’s something in between.

L’Oreal Totally d’Accord is not very opaque and you will need 3 coats for complete coverage. It dries gritty but not in a textured way. It’s more of a glitter pre-top coat if that makes sense. The big glitters are actually flakies which I am no fan of.

Ciao a tutti!

Vi state organizzando per Capodanno? Io lo passo con mio fratello e con le nostre dolci metà, mangeremo qualcosa in casa con la tv sicuramente accesa (ma Masterchef ci sarà?) e con qualche gioco da tavolo. Ah, la vecchiaia! Non so nemmeno se avrò tempo di mettermi lo smalto in compenso, perchè per me le ferie sono sinonimo di trasferta, e tutto il tempo extra lo passo in macchina.

Oggi vi faccio vedere uno smalto che non mi ha convinto tanto: L’Oreal Totally d’Accord. Sono stata colpita dal colore e dalle diverse misure di glitter che si vedevano già in boccetta. Ma non avevo idea di cosa mi aspettasse alla dicitura “spiky effect”. Glitter? Sabbiato? Alla fine direi una via di mezzo.

L’Oreal Totally d’Accord non è molto coprente e vi serviranno 3 passate per non avere buchi di colore. Asciuga ruvido, ma non come un sabbiato, più tipo un glitter prima del top coat. E poi i glitter in realtà sono flakies, più grossolani dei normali glitter, e a me proprio non piacciono.

L'Oreal Totally d'Accord

L'Oreal Totally d'Accord

 

I really disliked it to be honest and thought of topping it to see if I could save the mani instead of taking it off immediately.
Ammetto che proprio non mi è piaciuto così, a nudo. Ho provato ad aggiungere del top coat per vedere se riuscivo a salvarlo.

L'Oreal Totally d'Accord + top coat

L'Oreal Totally d'Accord + top coat

 

Ah, yes, much different, isn’t it? The top coated version is really worth it. It feels like having a starry night on the nails. Kinda incredible.

Still, I am not fully satisfied of my purchase.

What do you think about it?

Ah, sì! Gran bella differenza! Il top coat lo ha reso davvero spettacolare. Sembra di avere un cielo stellato sulle unghie, stupendo.

Però. Però non sono ancora del tutto convinta del mio acquisto.

Voi cosa ne pensate?

31 Comments

  1. Concordo con te: da solo non mi fa impazzire, mi ricorda un po' l'asfalto xD Però col top coat è fenomenale! :D
    Comunque adoro le tue unghie *___* Buon 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't much impressive before you added a top coat...Top coat had turned a boring shade into quite an impressive one! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Che dire se non... W il top coat? (E abbasso le diciture ambigue che piazzano i produttori sulle boccette :P)

    Auguri Simo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bhe in effetti con il top coat gli hai dato una marcia in più. :-)
    Sai che passerò il capodanno esattamente allo stesso modo? Una cenetta con mio fratello e le nostre rispettive metà!
    Buon anno a te e ai tuoi ospiti quindi ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Con il top coat è tutta un'altra cosa, vero! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Con il top coat è davvero tutta un'altra cosa! Gli ha dato un tocco in più

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is really gorgeous with topcoat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, How weird. I own the American version of this polish, and although it is not as textured as Other Loreal sands, It's definetly a texture. I gesso either they decided tô make Another finish out of the European version, or your bottle câmera from an unsucessful batch.
    Anyway, the top coat literally saved this polish!

    Kisses from Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raabh! I am glad to hear about the US version!

      Delete
  9. You know what I would have done :D? Add matte topcoat after smoothing it out with a shiny ;-). Just to see how it looks that way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bottle is fun!! Don't have anything like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think topcoat really redeemed this. I hate those in between texture and glitter polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't blame you for not liking this, it looks so gritty. Normally I can stand a little texture if it's glitter heavy but this one is just unflattering. Such a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely love it with top coat, but hate it without, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A me con il top coat piace! è abbastanza particolare :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated new years!! :) I adore how this looks with top coat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Please feel welcome to leave a comment, it would make my day! If you have a blog in your profile I will come visit you soon, but please do not leave links.
--
Grazie per aver visitato il mio blog. Sappiate che un commento fa sempre piacere :) Per favore non lasciate link, se avete un blog nel vostro profilo lo visiterò al più presto!