H&M Silver Fern

Hi everyone!

Have you noticed metallic and chrome nail polish is the new trend? I’ve never liked them but someone eventually does. They usually work great for stamping though. Kiko launched a new Pastel Metal collection, too. I wonder if it’s the previously called Mirrors in the new bottle.

But let’s get back to today’s post. Following the trend I decided to wear H&M Silver Fern which is a silvery blue chrome nail polish. I purchased it for stamping when I found it on sale at 1€ but haven’t used it for that purpose yet. Today I’m wearing a full manicure with it. Application is very easy thanks for the rounded brush, but this kind of finish will show any flaw you have on your nail surface. Top coat is only needed for protection as it doesn’t change glossiness.

Photos: two coats.

 

H&M Silver Fern

H&M Silver Fern

H&M Silver Fern

 

What are your feelings for chrome/metallic nail polish? Love or hate them?

 

19 Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Só não gosto muito quando fica assim muito riscadinho. Mas é bonito sim.

      The colour is pretty at least!

      Delete
  2. I am not a big fan of chrome nail polishes, I use it mostly for stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may be a bit streaky but it is lovely! My H&M never has nail polish. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame. Only selected stores have the make up corner over here as well though.

      Delete
  4. Mi piace il colore :-) Non uso gli smalti metallici e cromati proprio perché sottolineano tutte le imperfezioni delle unghie, però vanno benissimo per lo stamping! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to say, polishes like this make amazing stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrome polish isn't for me, but I like the color of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. neanche io amo troppo i metallici (o metallizzati?) ma si sa che qua abbiamo le mani bucate e quindi capita spesso (vedi la collezione space stories di essence) che nonostante tutto ne compri.
    Questo h&m non mi entusiasma ma certo, se lo vediamo in ottica stamping tutto cambia :) :) :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This kind of polish often also does wonderful double duty for stamping and nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful color, its too bad about all the brush strokes though. I hate when polishes dry like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the reasons why I dislike metallics for sure!

      Delete
  10. I'm a bit on and off with chrome polishes but this one is gorgeous it's quite unique

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Please feel welcome to leave a comment, it would make my day! If you have a blog in your profile I will come visit you soon, but please do not leave links.
--
Grazie per aver visitato il mio blog. Sappiate che un commento fa sempre piacere :) Per favore non lasciate link, se avete un blog nel vostro profilo lo visiterò al più presto!