ABC challenge! “L”

Hi everyone!

Time again for our weekly ABC challenge. Sorry for being MIA the rest of the week but the arrival of springtime (NOT spring weather though) is killing me. Today I finally gave up and started taking some vitamins to help me with season's change. Is it only me?

Anyway, maybe because of this reason, maybe because of bad luck, I had to re-do my L three times. In the end I decided to completely change colours and polishes, too.

I started with two coats Catrice London’s Weather Forecast, whose name and colour seem very appropriate right now. LWF is a super nice gray with that tiny amount of blue that makes it perfect. It is also a hint shimmer actually, which helps a lot with the formula but that you won’t really notice on the nails.

Then I did a glitter gradient on my middle and pimkie fingers using China Glaze Liquid Crystal. On my ring and index I stamped a DRK plate pattern using an Italian polish called Lady Venezia (this one is amazing and deserves a swatch on its own later on).

That makes 3 L’s for me!

Ciao a tutte!

Eccoci di nuovo alla nostra ABC. Scusate per l’assenza nel frattempo ma la primavera mi uccide (anche senza arrivare evidentemente). Oggi mi sono arresa e ho iniziato a prendere degli integratori per il cambio stagione. Ma solo a me fa così?

Cmq, forse per questa ragione o forse per sfortuna ho dovuto rifare la mia lettera L tre volte. Alla fine ho cambiato completamente colori e smalti.

Ho iniziato con due passate del Catrice London’s Weather Forecast, il cui nome e colori sono proprio azzeccati in questo periodo. LWF è un bellissimo grigio con una punta di blu. E’ uno shimmer, anche se nascosto, sulle unghie non lo vedete quasi, ma aiuta molto per quanto riguarda la stesura dello smalto.

Poi ho fatto una gradient col glitter China Glaze Liquid Crystal su medio e mignolo, mentre su anulare e indice ho stampato un’immagine da una delle piastre DRK usando uno smalto di marca sconosciuta, tale Lady Venezia (bellissimo tra l’altro, meriterà un post tutto suo).

E queste sono le mie tre L di oggi!

nail art

I wasn’t totally satisfied with the overall mani (although I loved the stamping tbh!) and messaged Cristina asking for an opinion. She definitely knows what she is talking about when it comes to nail art! She suggested adding some glitter on top of the existing one, of a colour being similar to the one I used for stamping. Said and done! I had no L for this though ;)

What I added is Jordana Blue Bash glitter.

So much better! I am only sad the pics taken with this bad cloudy dark weather the pics just don’t do justice to the real mani :)

Non ero del tutto soddisfatta del risultato generale, mi sembrava mancasse qualcosa, e quindi ho messaggiato la mia compare Cristina per chiederle un’opinione. La Cri sa di sicuro il fatto suo per quanto riguarda le nail art. Mi ha suggerito di aggiungere un glitter in tono al colore dello stamping. Detto fatto! Non avevo una L anche per quello però!

Ho quindi aggiunto il Jordana Blue Bash.

Molto meglio! Peccato che con sto tempaccio le foto non rendano onore alla vera manicure ç_ç

nail art

nail art

Hope you enjoyed it anyway!

I am so glad to be part of this ABC challenge. This group of ladies is amazing and they are so talented that they just push me to do every time better and to experiment stamping and nail art much more often than I usually do!

You make me a better blogger guys :)

Spero che vi piaccia in ogni caso!

Sono molto contenta di far parte di questo percorso ABC con queste ragazze meravigliose e piene di talento. Mi spingono a fare sempre meglio e provare varie nail art e stamping, cosa che faccio molto poco altrimenti. Insomma, penso proprio che mi stiano aiutando ad essere una blogger migliore :)

40 Comments

  1. I love what you did! Both versions are gorgeous, but the second one looks slightly better thanks to that Jordana, which is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! And it looks perfect with the blue glitter. I wish we at least lived on the same continent so you could give me stamping lessons!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a stamping pro at all Dionne! I swear! But a good plate and a good stamper sure help a lot!

      Delete
  3. Both versions are super pretty, but the blue glitter definitely added the finishing touch. I love glitter gradients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Che meraviglia, complimenti Simo! *___*

    Sei in compagnia, tranquilla, la (non) primavera amazza anche me, son più floscia di un soufflé sgonfio =___= Se aggiungiamo anche il clima, che per una volta mi sa che è molto simile tra le tue e le mie parti = kaput! Fa pure di nuovo freddo! ;__;

    ReplyDelete
  5. A me uccidono tutti i cambi di stagione, specialmente l'estate-autunno, essendo terrona soffro i primi freddi. :D (per me scendere sotto i 20 gradi è già freddo)
    GomunGue, ma te mi vuoi proprio far commuovere, sniff sniff! In realtà sei una pazza a fidarti di me, muahahahhaha! :D
    Per il resto, giassssai: quello stamping pattern è pazzesco, e adoVo anche la combo di grigione-bluone e blu. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3
      A me uccide di più questo cambio di stagione perchè mi arriva normalmente assieme alle allergie ai pollini, 1+1 = ko!

      Delete
  6. one of my favorite polishes, love what you did with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sono splendide entrambe le versioni, ma il glitter blu da davvero quel tocco in più. Sono bellissimi tutti e 4 gli smalti che hai usato :)
    lasciamo perdere che la primavera uccide anche me, infatti proprio oggi ho ricominciato a prendere gli integratori :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous nails this week, Simona. Crazy gorgeous.

    Thanks for the lovely show! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! The colors are all lovely and I really like the stamping. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww you are too sweet! I love this, skittle manis are my fave and I've been jonesing for one for a while but want to use that for S day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lately I am loving skittles, too! Long time to S-day though!

      Delete
  11. OMG! This is beautiful. Who say grey has to be blah? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noway! I love gray and some of them just have that gorgeous depth!

      Delete
  12. really cute mani!

    ReplyDelete
  13. *a bocca aperta*
    Uaoh. Stupenda. Adoro. Quel pattern è bellissimo!! Me volereeeee :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. bella nail art (come al solito!!). Cristina ti ha dato un ottimo consiglio :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both manis look amazing, but the second one is definitely my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! I love all the colors, and the stamping looks fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! I'm trying to do my best for your challenge!

      Delete
  17. I love the colors!! Great job on the stamping too :))

    ReplyDelete
  18. io vorrei che arrivasse la primavera!!
    Di queste L mi piace TUTTO, dalla base, allo stamping al tocco glitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really love gray polishes, I don't use them enough. This is very pretty, I think I agree that the second one is awesome. The first version is lovely but the blue glitter really pulls it together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree! And I think gray makes a fantastic base for nail arts, too :)

      Delete
  20. I loooove the stamping pattern and those colors look great together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Please feel welcome to leave a comment, it would make my day! If you have a blog in your profile I will come visit you soon, but please do not leave links.
--
Grazie per aver visitato il mio blog. Sappiate che un commento fa sempre piacere :) Per favore non lasciate link, se avete un blog nel vostro profilo lo visiterò al più presto!