Morgan Taylor Just for the Occasion

Hi everyone!

Halloween manis are over so let’s turn to a vampy Fall shade! Back at Cosmoprof Italy I picked up my first Morgan Taylor nail polish and one was Just for the Occasion.

I must start saying my first impression of this brand is not good at all. Especially when I think how expensive this brand is.

I painted two coats of Morgan Taylor Just for the Occasion and I still had some bald spots that I didn’t expect from a shade like this. Look at my pinkie, it’s quite visible there. It dries super slow and ended up being very dull, and even worse in photos. I used two coats of top coat and it just wasn’t glowing, no matter what. As the final thing, it chipped in less than a day!!!!!! Man, I do hope the other bottle I got is way better than this one.

Ciao a tutti!

Ormai le nail art di Halloween sono finite quindi torniamo a colori autunnali e sexy! Quest’anno al Cosmoprof ho comprato i miei primi smalti Morgan Taylor e una delle mie scelte è stato Just for the Occasion.

Comincio subito dicendo che la mia prima impressione di questo brand è pessima. Specie se penso al suo prezzo.

Ho steso due passate di Morgan Taylor Just for the Occasion e ancora avevo dei buchi di colore, cosa che non mi aspettavo da una tonalità come questa. Se guardate la base del mignolo si vede bene. Inoltre questo smalto asciuga lentissimo e alla fine è veramente moscio, e peggio ancora viene in foto. Ho usato due passate di top coat per cercare di lucidarlo ma niente, non brilla. Come ciliegina sulla torta si è scheggiato dopo meno di 24 ore! Spero proprio che l’altra boccetta che ho comprato sia di gran lunga migliore.


Morgan Taylor Just for the Occasion

Morgan Taylor Just for the Occasion


Btw, Morgan Taylor Just for the Occasion has a purple base filled with awesome red and magenta microglitters. The colour itself is gorgeous.
Dimenticavo di dire che Morgan Taylor Just for the Occasion ha una base viola piena di microglitter rossi e magenta. Il colore in sè è stupendo.

Morgan Taylor Just for the Occasion

Morgan Taylor Just for the Occasion


I am so disappointed by my first experience with a Morgan Taylor nail polish I can’t even explain.

Can you think of a similar shade from another brand? I’d really like a better one.

Sono così delusa dalla mia prima esperienza con uno smalto Morgan Taylor, non avete idea.

Per caso vi viene in mente un colore come questo ma di un altra marca? Mi piacerebbe molto avere un “gemello buono”.

44 Comments

  1. Oh, I am so sorry that you had such bad experience. I love Morgan Taylor polishes, and this is one of my favourites. I didn't have trouble with pigmentation, drying time or staying power, but I did notice that dullness that you mentioned. And this polish is thirsty. It soaks up top coat like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should probably have added even more top coat to make it really glossy, but staying power failed on me, that must be nail chemistry :(

      Delete
  2. Too bad that the formula is so terrible because the color is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shade is gorgeous, But I am sorry to hear about the quality of a product. It's very disappointing. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extremely disappointing also thinking at its price tag!

      Delete
  4. T___T

    Se penso che mi sono innamorata anche io di questo colore, dopo che me l'hai fatto vedere... Che peccato!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous polish!
    My impressions with MT are different than yours; their time of drying was medium and I don't think there was chipping... nail chemistry? or is this polish specific?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea if it's polish specific or nail chemistry, yet. I will have a better idea after using the second bottle I've bought together with this one.

      Delete
  6. Azz. Ero partita carichissima vedendo la foto e pensavo di leggerne elogi e invece... spero anche io che il prossimo colore abbia una formula migliore per redimere MT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lo spero vivamente anche io Silvia! Avevo delle aspettative altissime su Morgan Taylor, ne ho sempre letto bene dovunque. Ci sono rimasta talmente male!

      Delete
  7. My gosh what a beauty!! So Sorry you're experience with MT is not that good :-( I own quite a few polishes and never have been dissapointed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Miriam, I know your experience with MT is so much better than mine! I hope the second bottle will be better for me.

      Delete
  8. Il colore in effetti è molto bello.... peccato che la formula non sia stata all'altezza!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peccato! Perché il colore è favoloso! Se dovessi trovare un dupe faccelo sapere!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dalle foto mi piace molto ma leggendo la tua esperienza non lo metto in WL. Io sto aspettando che arrivi il mio primo MT, speriamo non sia come questo! Non l'ho preso in Italia perchè da noi viene venduto a prezzi assurdi come tante altre marche americane, ma sai mi mancava qualche euro per raggiungere l'ordine minimo su beautybay e stava a metà prezzo... XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai fatto benissimo, io l'ho preso al Cosmoprof col prezzo fiera!

      Delete
  11. I love this. This is one of my favorite shades for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sucks you didn't have a good experience, your swatches make it look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stinks when such a beautiful polish has crappy formula and wear time. Your photos are nice though

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK I'm really thinking here, but I cannot think of anything like this one. It's such a pretty shade, it really sucks that the quality is so bad! Googling on my own blog, I cannot seem to find many burgundies like this one... Now I like Catrice First Class Up-Grape, you can find it on my blog, but it is nowhere near as glittery. I have recently seen some amazing swatches of a Il était un vernis, I think it's called Pinot Noir?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lothwen! Pinot Noir is on my wishlist but definitely very different. This MT has no holo and it's more purple than burgundy I'd say!

      Delete
  15. Appena visto l'anteprima del post sono corsa a leggere la recensione perchè il colore è bellissimo. Ed ora super delusione. Volevo metterlo nella lista dei desideri ma direi che non è il caso. Un vero peccato, non ho nessun smalto di questo colore.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh, that's too bad about the formula because that shade is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, this is such a gorgeous color! That's such a shame about the formula not working out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know why I never seem to pick up Morgan Taylor, they have so many beautiful shades like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the MT display at Cosmoprof! It was the first time for me and you're totally right. They have absolutely amazing shades and gorgeous collections in their own smaller displays, too. It was so hard to narrow down to two colors to buy and then such a shame that the first one is a disappointment!

      Delete
  19. Oh wow, you wouldn't think Morgan Taylor has such bad polishes :( it still looks wonderful though in your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah! I really hoped it would be a good choice whatever bottle I was picking up!

      Delete
  20. Well I used to wish that I could find Morgan Taylor polishes easily because I think the colors are gorgeous. But hearing that the formula is so bad makes me think I might have dodged a bullet by not wasting money on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally right about their colours, they have gorgeous shades! Too bad this one wasn't as good as expected!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Please feel welcome to leave a comment, it would make my day! If you have a blog in your profile I will come visit you soon, but please do not leave links.
--
Grazie per aver visitato il mio blog. Sappiate che un commento fa sempre piacere :) Per favore non lasciate link, se avete un blog nel vostro profilo lo visiterò al più presto!